1. Kids continue to be OHIP insured for routine basic eye exam services annually as well as seniors although additional non-OHIP tests are required for patients over 65.
2. Those between 20 to 64 are not OHIP insured with the exception of very specific medical conditions & under specific circumstances, which allows only the basic OHIP coverage.
3. Certain Visually significant ocular emergencies may be partially OHIP insured.
4. Fortunately, many benefits plans insure eye exams, including Manulife, Great West Life, Greenshield, Sunlife etc. You may choose to contact your benefits company to confirm the amount of coverage before your visit.
5. Please bring your Health Card & Insurance card to your visit as we do direct bill various benefits to maximize patient convenience as much as possible.
6. We are medical-legally obligated to advise medically necessary tests when clinically relevant, of which fees may not be OHIP insured.
7. Our fees are based on the OAO fee guide.